Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I want to be yours.


I want to be your secret.
A secret that is so cherished that it's kept under lock and key.
A secret that is guarded like a hidden treasure,
Treasure full of jewels, rubies, and golden earrings.
I want to be your secret that is heavily protected,
Protected to guard my paper machetted heart that is fragile to even the slightest breath.

I want to be your hiding place.
A place that is warm, that welcomes and comforts a tired body
Somewhere that's flooded with full soft light that sooths
That soothes softly with every hue of yellow and gold and shining speckle floating.

I want to be your hiding place
The place that to arrive is a journey
Where you may need a map to find,
But once your there you never want to leave,
And once you've left, you never forget how to return.

I want to be your hiding place.
The place where time stands still.
Where the air lingers and floats with every breath.
Where only you and I exist.

I want to be your song.
The soft melody that fills the room with bliss.
The song that gentle hums and hangs around your ears

I want to be your song.
The song that you dance with to find comfort.
The song that lullabys' you to sleep
And the song that lures you awake.

I want to be your resting place.
Where you can lay down your weary head
The place where you can let your walls down.
Where you can set your exterior down.

I want to be your resting place.
Where your weary mind can find peace.
The place where your heart can fully feel safe.
I want to be your safe place.

I want to be yours.

My sweet, sweet love, I want to be yours.

3 comments:

justine. said...

Did you write this? It is really beautiful.

Kelsey.Drew said...

I did :) Im glad you like it!

Bubble My Licorice said...

you are so talented!
That is ana amazing poem!
really loved it!