Monday, June 23, 2008

From Weeds to Windflowers.

To my garden keeper;
You began a work in me.
To the world, I was a dirt mound,
Covered in weeds,
Unbalanced,
And my soil was worn.


But to you, I was a plush garden,
Covered in life,
Blooming in color,
And to you,
I -was beautiful.


As time passed,
You came to visit me everyday.
I loved to see you.
Even though it hurt to be groomed,
I loved to feel your hands in my soil,
Yanking, combing, sowing me.

And I knew,
You loved me too.
I was yours,
And you were mine.
When we first met- you see,
I was afraid,
Because I was nothing,
And You-- You were everything.
But you showed me that I could trust you.
You were so proud of me.

You gave me life as you kneeded me,
And pressed little seeds into me.
And, I gave you beauty,
You pulled from me, the most vibrant buds.
When the others saw me,
They became overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed with awe,
Becasue your hands were like magic.



You see, my garden keeper,
I knew I held the secret to something so much bigger.
But I needed you.
I needed you to pull my weeds,
I needed you to grow me.


I love you garden keeper.
You saved me.
You were the first to love me.
You brought me from weeds to windflowers.


1 comment:

DANCEACROSSTHESEA said...

i keep reading this over and over.